Liberty Doctors Heather Dawson
Dr. Dawson, whose Family Practice in North Charleston is a part of Liberty Doctors, is board certified by the American Board of Family Practice.
She has been practicing on Dorchester Road for over 10 years. She provides primary care, well visits, and preventative services to men, women, and adolescents.
“We understand the need for a balance between common sense and quality health care and will always do our best to help you efficiently navigate your health care requirements in today’s challenging economy. By design, we are a small and very personalized office who knows our patients well. We like it that way and think you will too. And we’re located conveniently close to the Charleston Air Force Base and Boeing Plant.”
Dr. Dawson received her medical degree from the University of Toronto in 1980. She completed her internship in Internal Medicine in 1981, her Residency in Family Medicine in 1983 and her Preceptorship in Cardiology in 1995.
Her experience as a healthcare provider includes :
- 1983-95: Clinical associate, Radiation Oncology at Princess Margaret Hospital in Toronto, Canada
- 1985-91 Active staff and Assistant Professor at Toronto Hospital Department of Family & Community Medicine
- 1985: Director of Palliative Care Housecall Program, Toronto Hospital
- 1989-90: Director of Palliative Care Program, Toronto Hospital
- 1992-94: Member of Palliative Care Consultation Team at North York General Hospital
- 1992-94 Palliative Care Consultant at Toronto General Regional Cancer Centre
- 1999-2002 Trident Medical Services, 5390 Dorchester Rd
- 2002-Present Solo private practice, Liberty Doctors LLC
Her professional Memberships include:
- United Physicians (Uniphys): Credentialing Committee Member
- Charleston County Medical Society
- American Academy of Family Physicians
- South Carolina Medial Association
- Liberty Doctors, LLC: Board Member
- Virginia College, Charleston SC: Board Member
- Order of St. Luke Healing Ministry
Her volunteer activities include:
- Family Practice Management Journal: Reviewer
- Leeds Ave Detentiln Center, Charleston SC : Chaplain
- Virginia College, Charleston SC: Training in Medical Assistant and Medical Billing programs
Heather Dawson, M.D.
6518 B Dorchester Road
North Charleston, SC 29418
phone – (843) 767-3323
fax – (843) 767-4252
MON-FRI: 8:00am – 5:00pm